Your business blog is perhaps your most valuable asset in your inbound marketing strategy. From bringing more awareness to your brand to positioning you as an expert in the industry, capturing fresh leads to build your funnel and creating opportunities for increased revenue, blogging is the biggest marketing tool successful brands leverage to grow their business in this day and age.
However, it’s not enough to simply publish your blog content and hope it drives traffic. You must actively promote and optimise your content to foster engagement from your content marketing. In fact, for every hour that you spend creating your blog post, you should spend an additional hour promoting it!
The great news is there are a plethora of ways to getting eyeballs on your blog posts. With this guideline, you’ll achieve the following results with your blog:
- Improve website visits
- Attract new prospects from your social media networks to your post
- Create opportunities to boost your lead conversions
- Increase brand exposure in your industry
Let’s get started, shall we? Here are four advanced ways to improve your blogging and SEO strategy for your business to yield amazing outcomes from your marketing.
#1 Optimise Your Blog Post for SEO
With search engines still being the #1 source for content traffic generation, your blog can serve as a premier source for driving new visitors to your website. Therefore, to generate this traffic, it’s important to optimise your blog posts using SEO tactics to make them more visible to people who are looking for keywords associated with your brand, product, or service via search engines like Google.
During your content creation, be sure to include the following SEO strategies to boost search visibility:
- Focus on 1-2 longtail keywords that your audience is actively searching for
- Include your keyword in the title, the URL, meta description, and sprinkled naturally throughout the body
- Also optimise your images by using your longtail keyword your image file name, alt tag, title, description, and caption
- To target for local SEO, include your location such as “Sydney, Australia” as one of your keywords, implementing the same tactics
- Long-form content performs well in search. Aim for quality-rich posts that are 900+ words
- Interactive content like videos, slideshows, surveys, infographics and calculators improve user-experience and keeps visitors on your website longer…key ingredients to betting your SEO ranking
- Make sure your blog is mobile-ready. Google favours sites that are mobile optimised...and penalises those that are not in mobile search
- End your blog post with a call-to-action. Whether you want to elicit shares, comments, or capture leads, give clear directions that lead readers to your desired action.
- Remarkable content always wins. Ensure that your tone and message align with the interests of your target audience and exude your brand
We invite you to download our guide "17 SEO myths you should leave behind in 2017" for more in-depth information:
#2 Share Blog Post Multiple Times on Social Media
Most followers don’t see your post the first time on social media. Depending on the network you’re publishing on, each post has a shelf-life that may not reach enough of your desired audience within that time span. If your posting frequency is too little (or too much), you will not achieve the level of engagement you’re looking for.
In addition to, organic reach is declining, forcing marketers to come up with creative ways to touch more of their followers in their social media marketing strategy.
Therefore, you’ll want to share your blog link a few times a day on social media, then schedule it in your social media management tool like Buffer or Hootsuite to post on later dates for greater exposure. Check out these posting tips in posting your blog on multiple networks:
- Promote your content the same day it goes live
- Use different headlines and images - Your followers will get numb to the same message. Switch is up by using the meta description, subheadings, quotes and key takeaways to pique interest
- Schedule these different messages in your social automation tool
- Highlight a benefit or two that readers will gain from reading your post
- Share your post a few more times the next day, then again 3 days later, a week later, and 2 weeks later
- Based on your analytics, you should have a sound idea of which messages are performing well to gauge how you’ll promote it ongoing
#3 Enlist Your List for More Exposure
Did you know that your email subscribers are 3 times more likely to share your content via social media than visitors from other sources? They are your biggest fans when it comes to your content and should be “recruited” to help you spread the word.
First, be sure to inform your list about your hot-off-the-press blog post. Include the advantages readers will glean from your content, keeping it short and concise. Include the blog link twice in your email…once in the middle, then again at the end to improve click-throughs.
Finally, mention either at the end of your message or in the postscript that if they find your article helpful to share it with their social followers. Plugins like ClicktoTweet are super valuable as you can embed them right in your email message to boost social engagement.
Encourage them to share the love by passing it on. The more they see this memo, the more likely they’re to comply and post your content.
#4 Answer Questions on Forum Sites Including Your Blog Link
Quora is a huge Q&A site where professionals either post a frequent question asked by their audience and provide an answer or respond to others, offering their expertise. The beauty about Quora and forum sites like it is that it’s an excellent platform to showcase your knowledge in your industry and share it with the public. It’s another way to position your brand as an authority while driving traffic to your website.
When posting, be sure to include your blog link when answering a question. Give a thoughtful response that adds value to the forum then share how your blog post goes more in-depth and direct people there. You’ll be viewed as a source sharing additional resources so readers gain a more well-rounded response to their question. They’ll thank you for it!
Quora is just one forum site. If you're in the health sector, then eHealthForum.com is a popular site for you. Locate others and begin building your presence there by posting and answering questions, leaving your blog link behind.
Promoting your blog posts is imperative if you want to generate a high-level of engagement and yield results like lead generations, sales, and social shares. Commit to implementing these tips into your blogging and SEO strategy. Make it a go-to checklist that you fulfill with each blog article. With consistency, you’ll experience increased website visits, bringing added exposure to your brand.
Too busy to take care of this time-consuming part of your marketing? Contact us today to se how we can support you!